The boys and I drove to Utah on June 1st for a whirlwind vacation that included visiting family and friends. We crammed as much as we could into this vacation and it was non-stop the whole time! We stopped at Hoover Dam on the way up for a photo-op.
We spent the night in St. George so I didn't have to drive it all in 1 day by myself. We played at a park when we arrived (and to get out the wiggles)! The weather was beautiful and a little rainy. A big change from the Phoenix heat.
While in Utah we crammed as many things into our schedule as we could. There was no down time in this trip! We visited Grandma Paxman and Celeste when we first arrived. The next day we visited Great-grandpa and Grandma Paxman. It was a super short visit and I wish we had been able to go back to see them again! We just ran out of time! We stopped at the BYU stadium afterward to take some pictures with the cougar (yes, yes, I know it's sacreligious to have them wear red to BYU, but they were wearing their Mickey Mouse shirts. So deal with it)!

We went to Midway and spent the night in Heidi's cabin (ok, her parent's cabin). We had a yummy dinner at a restaurant there and then drove up and up and up the mountain to the cabin. The kids had a blast there! We broke out some glow sticks which is always fun (but always cause contention. Why? I don't know). The adults and Channing played Mexican Train dominos and Grandpa and Grandma Spann made a yummy breakfast the next morning.
After sleeping at the cabin, Heidi and I took the kids to the resort next door and rode the carousel and played a round of miniature golf (talk about hilarious! Did anyone even actually use the club to hit the ball)? Cason placed his ball 2 inches from the hole and then hit it in. I did watch Tyson wing a hole in one from about 8 feet away (freaking amazing for a 2 year old)! Channing and Cameron just played at their own pace (breakneck speed). Let's not forget the yummy gelato that we had in their ice cream shop! Mmmm.........
We attended the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House after we returned from the cabin. (I told you we didn't stop the whole time we were there)! We showed up and got right in. The weather was crummy and the place was practically empty. It was great! The temple was beautiful. Unfortunately, I spent the whole time trying to catch up with my kids who were apparently on the quick tour. We cornered them in a sealing room where a sweet couple talked to us about eternal sealing power. I'm pretty sure that my kids didn't hear any of it despite us trying to get them to listen. (Hard to do when you are with your cousins who you haven't seen in 6 months). Afterward there was a reception with cookies and water. (which I thought was really nice and the missionary sisters in there were as sweet as can be). My kids favorite part of the temple??? "The elevators and stairs." Hmmm..... I don't think they stopped long enough to even see a room. Maybe the chandelier in the celestial room, but that was about it. They also liked the cookies (like I couldn't guess that one). Geez!
After the temple we ate at Texas Roadhouse. Ever take 6 boys to a sit-down restaurant??? DON'T!!! At least it was noisy in there already. Good Thing! I'm glad we could add to the ambience. LOL!
The next day I attended Heidi's baby shower while dad watched the kids! This is the first girl grandchild for my parents (after 7 boys). Dacia also found out that she's having a girl. So apparently this is the girl round! Get in now while you can! Heidi got several darling outfits. That's going to be one well-dressed little baby!
Later that day we met up with Grandma Paxman, Celeste, Andrea, Skylar & Trevor. We fed some ducks in a pond and talked for a little while until we'd had enough of the wind (what was with the weather this trip? So windy and rainy on and off - kind of nice though).
The next day was Jonah's baptism (this is the reason we were up there in the first place)! Jonah was very handsome in his white clothes and we are very proud of him. The boys sang "I am a Child of God" at the baptism and Grandpa Spann gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Jonah was baptized and confirmed by his daddy. Afterward we ate as a family at Jason's Deli and then we went to the Gray's so the kids could play together for a while. Later that evening we flew kites at the soccer field around the corner from my parent's house.
The next day we skipped church due to Cason running a fever. We drove to St. George in the afternoon and spent the night. The next day as we were driving to Phoenix, Cason threw-up in the car several times. Such an eventful trip! Just a fun way to cap it all off! LOL! He slept alot that Monday and I got home as fast as I could!
4 comments:
Did you really have to post that picture?!?! You said you wouldn't....it was a hard, hard day that day. Anyway, I'm glad we got to spend a few minutes together while you were here!
So glad you could come! We miss you when you are not here. Just a tidbit about the Oquirrh Mountain Temple-We've been having a lot of storms lately and last week Moroni was struck by lightning-charred half-black. Glad I got a picture of him before that happened! Hope you all are well now after the sickness round!
LOL Andrea! I took it out, even though you look TOTALLY HOT in that picture! Why didn't I take any other pictures of you that day? That was the only one I had. Weird. Apparently my picture ability is failing! LOL! (can I still put it in my blog book later? I'll make it really small). :)
Fun, fun! I'm so glad you got to take a quick trip to Utah! Thanks so much for sharing the pics and stories. Loved to see your siblings and parents; ah, memories.
You have such a good outlook on everything, including the not-so-fun car ride back to Phoenix!
Post a Comment