Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Caelyn’s Blessing Day – Sept. 5, 2010

Caelyn was blessed by Bob on Sept. 5.  It was a beautiful blessing and we were so glad that some of our family could be here to share this day with us.  Caelyn is our 1st child that has been blessed in our own ward.  Usually we are able to have our baby blessed in Utah with all our family around, but we didn’t know when we’d be able to do it if we waited, so we picked Labor Day weekend and hoped for the best!  Both sets of grandparents were able to make the trek down here for it as well as the Miller/Brannan bunch and the John Hancock family.  Caelyn looked beautiful in her white dress and little bracelet and white bow.  I was able to take some pictures the day before on a white blanket that Celeste crocheted several years ago.  Her cousin Skylar also used the blanket for her blessing 6 years ago as did Ari 12 years ago.  The pink and white blanket below was made by Grandma Spann for Caelyn.

 

DSC_0273DSC_0279DSC_0336

Baby Caelyn with Mom and Dad and the family in the courtyard of the church.

DSC_0345DSC_0346

We had a luncheon with all our family after the blessing.

DSC_0372 DSC_0350

Ari and Meghan.                                             Grandma’s Paxman and Spann with Channing.

DSC_0352 DSC_0353

 DSC_0386DSC_0379

Protective brothers… 

DSC_0395 DSC_0399

The Miller/Brannan Family                                  The John Hancock Family

DSC_0425DSC_0401

Ari holding her new cousin.    Yummy cream puffs!       Cason eating “only” orange food next to grandpa Paxman.

DSC_0403DSC_0365DSC_0359

A yummy “break-the-fast”!                      Grandpa and Grandma Paxman with Caelyn

DSC_0354DSC_0406

Grandpa Paxman with his newest granddaughter.   Proud Daddy holding Caelyn.

DSC_0405DSC_0431

5 comments:

Kenna said...

AWWW....what beautiful pictures! You guys have such a beautiful family!!!

Congratulations again! Caelyn is beautiful!

Jerlyn said...

I love these pictures. I can't wait to see her. She is so cute. I think I am down another week to 2 weeks and then I will be over. :-)

Jen said...

She looked beautiful!!! It looks like you had a great day. I am so glad everything went well. Wish we could have been there.

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful dress! Oh! I hope to have a girl one day so I can spoil her rotten!

Gardner Family said...

What a sweeeeet baby! Congrats! She was the same size as my little Violet. I love how our house feels when ther is a new baby in residence. It's such a soft, sweet feeling. However, i don't love it enough to do it again. Five is enough for me, thankyou!

She's adorable.