Sunday, August 24, 2008

Channing's first day of First Grade!

Channing started 1st grade on August 11th. He actually missed the first week of school because we were in Utah at J'Nett & Chris' wedding. So he started a little late, but he seems to be alright. Channing is attending an elementary in Tempe. He likes his new teacher. (always a plus). The 2nd week of school he brought home a reading passage to read aloud. I guess by the end of 1st grade he is supposed to read 40 words a minute. The first time he did it he read 57. Now he's up in the 80s. So I guess he can skip first grade and move on! LOL!
Here are some pictures from the first day!

6 comments:

Kenna said...

WOW! What a big boy!

Jerlyn said...

Way to go, Channing! So proud of you!

Jen said...

WOW!!! Is he really old enough to go to first grade? That is awesome.

Dacia said...

I thought Channing and Jonah were in the same grade. I guess it makes sense though-since Jonah is youngest in his class and Channing is 6 mos. younger. I guess Channing will be one of the oldest in his class. He looks so handsome here. Channing-you look so smart-and thats because you are!!!

Heidi said...

Channing is so handsome! Way to go! I can't believe he's that old. School seems so far away for us, but I guess in retrospect a few years is just around the corner!

:: ashley :: said...

yay for 1st grade! He looks like a good student, and how awesome that he is already reading that fast, I wish he was in my class!