Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Nightmare Project!

Do you ever go to sleep and dream about the things you've seen during the day? I do it when it's something repetitive (especially when I'm camping and have been looking at rocks all day on the beach! All I see when I close my eyes are rocks, rocks, rocks)! Now all I see is this ...........

Total Insanity! In case you can't tell....these are slides! I have just completed scanning my grandfather's collection of 7863 slides (yes, I know the exact number). The slides you see now are my parents'. My grandfather was extremely organized and had case after case of numbered slides with matching descriptions. My parents method of filing included throwing them in a cupboard or drawer (not always in their respective box). Therefore I am trying to match them up with ones that look similar (think the worst memory game ever)! There aren't many descriptions either so I will just have to take my best guess. Way fun huh??? All I can say is, "thank heaven my parents have far less slides than my grandparents!" It should take me only a a week or so to kick this one out and then I'm done! (well, except for editing nearly 10,000 slides - what a party huh)? Merry Christmas everyone (because this IS the present)! Don't worry though....it's been fun to see some amazing pictures that I didn't even know existed and staying up until midnight every night for the past 2 months to get this done has been worth it. Here are a couple of pics that were fun to discover...

Me with my sisters at my HS graduation. Wedding picture of my grandparents (60 yrs ago).

6 comments:

Kenna said...

That's got to be some much fun seeing all those memories!

Jerlyn said...

So fun seeing new pictures. I so need to do that for Thomas' mom. It would be fun to see all the pictures. Good luck finishing all of that.

Dacia said...

I want to see more.....

Denika said...

who is that little boy....

Nikkel said...

Wow, that is an amazing project & I'm sure it will be well appreciated.

.............................. said...

I did this exact same thing for my Grandpa Ware, but not near as many. I am just like you, it is really fun seeing all the old pics but a very very time consuming job. I can't believe you have scanned 10,000 slides, that is amazing!