Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cook-a-thon 3!

Well, we are resigned to the fact that everytime we do this, it's going to take the WHOLE DAY and part of the night! We tried to make it faster by having everyone bring something already finished...which we did. But we still cooked all day and into the night. This time we did a few things alot better though.

#1 - we had pizza for dinner so we didn't have to worry about it

#2 - we used frozen water bottles to cool off hot soups faster

#3 - we didn't simmer soups for very long (if at all) so they could cool much faster!

#4 - we didn't have any cars get broken into! Yay!

Things we can probably do better next time.

#1 - Get a food processor so certain things take less time

#2 - Get a babysitter to watch the kids

#3 - Get someone to come and just wash dishes all day long! (man, you should have seen the pile)!

#4 - Don't have a concert the same night as the cook-a-thon (ok, we had no control over this one...it just happened).

#5 - cooking eggrolls at 11pm leads to injuries - cook them when you are less fried! (ok, I'm the one with the burns on my fingers. It's my own darn fault).
#6 - stir the baked beans in the crockpot, even if you don't think you need to! (oops..my bad)!
It's funny how much we look forward to just frying ourselves for one whole day. Even our kids were really excited for this cook-a-thon. We think we figured out why though. They get to spend the whole day with friends, watching movies and playing and eating yummy food!

Thanks, to Karen Olds who brought us sustanance! (best darn snickerdoodles I've ever had)!

A few pics from our crazy day.............

6 comments:

The Pullins said...

Ok, so next time I get to come observe and help with dishes!!

Jerlyn said...

That looks like a lot of work! I'm glad you decided to blog again, I was missing seeing pictures of the boys!

Unknown said...

What a crazy time you guys had! You are welcome to borrow my food processor, stand mixer, or electric skillet if you need it. I would love to participate but I just don't think my picky eaters would go for it. I'll come over with April and we can be your cheering section/dish washers.

Gardner Family said...

Looks like loads of fun, as well as loads of dishes!

Edna Guerrero said...

I'm with April - I'd like to go next time! Looks like tons of fun work.

Edna Guerrero said...

FYI... I changed my blog address to LaFamiliaCole.blogspot.com