Yep, it's true. We've been married for 12 years (as of the 25th of July). We were married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple at 9:00am in 1997. It seems like yesterday and yet like forever ago! We've come a long way and had our share of ups and downs. I'm happy to say we've weathered the storm this far. I am so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man!
We celebrated by letting the kids stay with their uncle Chris overnight while we headed to the Royal Palm resort. They don't have an anniversary inn in Phoenix, so I looked for the next best thing (yes, I got to plan this anniversary celebration). We went to see Beauty & the Beast at the Hale Theatre in Gilbert and we went to Tutti Santi for a nice Italian dinner (very tasty)!
Every year Bob buys me roses. One for each year we've been married. I teased him because this year was the easiest of all so far (one dozen is so much easier to buy then, say, 11 or 10)! This year he found these cool striped roses!
Here are a few fun tidbits about our engagement and wedding:
We were engaged on May 3, 1997. Bob proposed at the fountain on the south side of the Salt Lake Temple. There was a U-2 concert that night at the stadium nearby. We could hear it in the background. (my brother happened to be at that concert). We finally went to a U-2 concert a few years ago, here in Phoenix. (my brother was at that concert too).
I wore my grandmother Reeves' handkerchief during my wedding (I can't remember what I did with it exactly - probably stuffed it in my sleeve or something, but it was there). She wore it to her wedding 49 years before.
None of our siblings were old enough to go to the temple for our wedding (we're both oldest children and I was 20 when we got married). Our parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, Bob's mission president & wife, Bob's cousin Curtis & wife Danylle and a few family friends were there.
My sister signed her name Dacia Gray in my wedding book (although she was still a Spann at the time)! She was married in December that same year and was engaged as well. (My parents & aunts were completely broke after 2 weddings within 6 months)!
My Grandma Spann and Aunt Claudia played piano at my wedding; my sister Dacia sang as did my uncle Gary, my brothers and cousins. Truly a family affair!
Fun memories! I love you Bob!
2 comments:
How funny-I don't remember signing my name with Gray-but that sounds right as I was engaged. Hilar! Sounds like you guys had a fun time. 12 years!!!!!yea!
Congratulations! I remember going to your reception, and thinking that it was so weird that we were all getting married that year--it seemed like only yesterday we in elementary school, jr. high, and then high school!
You have a beautiful family, and I'm so glad you are happy and doing well.
Post a Comment