Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bob Gets a New Job and Our Second Trip to Utah (4th of July)

Well, after much searching, Bob found another job. His last day at JDA was June 26th (officially the 30th, he just took the last few days in vacation). He started with Select Blinds yesterday (July 8th). He will be working on their websites...programming etc. (I don't really know - computer stuff... ask him)!

Inbetween jobs we were able to take a vacation to Utah since Bob didn't get to go last time we went. We wanted to see all our family and have our own family days too. Bob was able to spend a day with Pres. DeWitt from his mission.

We went to Seven Peaks for a day. The kids had a lot of fun despite the fact that it rained a little and Channing and I got a bit sunburned (hey, at least it turned to a tan). Bob was able to convince Channing to go off the freefall (it took him about 10 min. at the top to convince him). Channing finally laid down and Bob pushed him off. I have it on video, it's pretty funny. He was a little scraped up on his back after his wild 2 second ride (I remember that being a problem years ago - guess it still is), but he says it was scary but really fun and he'd do it again. Cason and Cameron loved the tube slides and the wave pool. He liked the cave one that had green in it. He called it the Nemo slide for some reason. As we were waiting at the top to go down, Cason heard some kids screaming as they went down the slide and he said, "Uh, oh, it's a Nemo Ghost!" I laughed so hard. What an imagination that kid has! We met my friend Lisa and her 2 kids there as well, so we had a great day of fun!

We also went to Lagoon with Donna, Jonah & Jonathan. Man have the prices gone up! Crazy! The first 3 1/2 hours we were there were fine, but then the clouds rolled in and it POURED! After 2 hours of rain, we gave up and called it a day. We did manage to ride a bunch of kid rides with hardly any wait. It wasn't very crowded, so that was nice. The rattlesnake rapids were a blast and Donna and I and the kids were drenched after going under a waterfall.

We made the 4 oldest kids ride the white rollercoaster (in the rain). Channing cried because he didn't want to go. Jon did too. Cameron was worried he couldn't get on because he barely was tall enough (close enough), Jonah didn't really want to go either. So we made them go anyway! LOL! Why does it feel like you're going to die everytime you ride that thing??? So in the end, they all survived. Jon was crying when we got off. Channing had calmed down. Jonah was fine and Cameron.....LOVED IT (of course).

We also went to the waterpark inside Lagoon for an hour. The kid play area was super cute and perfect for the small crew that we had. Bob and Channing went on a few larger slides and Cameron and Jonah went on some smaller slides. We left there just as it started to rain. If Cason happens to mention to you something about a spooky house, he's probably referring to the 2 haunted houses we went to. LOL!



We went to Park City one day and shopped and rode the Alpine slide and the Zipline at the Olympic Park. The kids loved the Alpine slide. Bob went fast with Cameron, I went slow with Cason, and Neeke went super slow with Channing (he has a strong sense of self-preservation it would seem). Bob and I rode the huge zipline from the top of the mountain to the bottom. It was crazy long! I thought it would be scary, but it really wasn't. You're a long way up, but you mostly just glide down, so it was fun. Bob tried to get Channing to go on the smaller zipline, but when he got to the top and saw how high it was, he refused. So I'm standing at the bottom watching Bob come down by himself and Channing riding the chair lift down! LOL! My mom stayed at the bottom and watched ski jumpers practice by landing in a pool. More sunburns this day!


The 4th of July was a blast! (pun intended). We went to the Provo Freedom parade (Bob's least favorite thing to do...but he went anyway...what a good sport...even though he probably hated every minute). :) It rained for a few minutes before it started, but then it was pretty nice (much cooler than last year). We had a big BBQ at the Paxman's with alot of our extended family. Lots of good food and treats (yummy homemade ice cream and rootbeer) and lots of fun talking and watching everyone play baskeball! Then we headed to Grandpa and Grandma Paxman's to watch some Stadium of Fire fireworks. We left early to beat the traffic home though (it can be so hard to get out of there)! It was a very fun day!



We spent Sunday at church and then we ate dinner at the Spann's. Yay for Spaghetti factory take-out! Very tasty! We had a fun trip and wish we were still there (especially because it's going to be 115 degrees in Phoenix this weekend)!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your boys are so cute! We may be moving down to Utah within a year or so--Dan's applying to school there--we'll see!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a BLAST!!! Wish we could have been there. Next time you need to stop by our place and make a two day trip out of it!!! We could go to Chuck-E-Cheese:)

Kenna said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Family & Water Parks...isn't that what it's all about!

Glad Bob got a new job..yay!!!

Andrea said...

We have lived by Lagoon for three years now and have never been! Your commentary has convinced me that we should give it a try.

I'm glad you made it up for the 4th. It was fun to see you. And thanks for not posting a picture of me giving you a dirty look or looking 9-months pregnant!

the cakes said...

I love how your boys are always wearing matching shirts. In fact, I expect it to be that way!
Glad that Bob got to go with you this time!

.............................. said...

I am pretty sure this is the exact same thing I said last year... I am sooooooo jealous! I love 4th of July with the Paxman family. I am crossing my fingers that we will be home in time for the 4th next summer! I looks like you guys had a great time. Your boys are so cute. I think it will be fun to get our boys together when we move back.

Unknown said...

Oh no... Who is that big fat luggy woman in the peach shirt that is leaning back in the chair?

Could it be possible to have a worse photo of me in your blog?

HA HA HA HA

Maybe I'll have to dig up a bad photo of you and post it in mind.

Oh wait. I don't have a bad photo of you - only good ones.

Never mind.

Had fun cruising the blog, Danya. Looks like you guys are having fun.