She’s growing fast!!! Cason loves to give her kisses on her head.
Now that a month has passed by, I think I better write down a few things from the pregnancy before I forget! We were so excited to be pregnant, but I was NOT excited to be so sick! The nausea kicked in almost right away. The zofran that I took did nothing this time so I just tried to beat it by drinking raspberry and peppermint teas, eating small meals all day long (hard to do when you're barfing), eating before getting out of bed (Bob would bring me eggs & toast in the morning so I could at least get up), and many other things. There was no magical remedy for this one. I was just sick constantly. It was worse than ever, but it didn't last as long as with the boys. I was starting to feel better after the 1st trimester.
When I was about 3 months along I suddenly started bleeding and I thought for sure that I had miscarried. Bob and I were both very sad and upset. It happened after the dr. had closed for the day, so I waited all night and went in the next day. To my GREAT surprise, there was a heartbeat! I bawled because I couldn't even believe it! They did an ultrasound but couldn't see anything except a perfect little baby. Unfortunately I continued to bleed on an off and it was worse the more that I did, so they put me on bedrest. Finally they discovered a hemorrhage near the bottom of the cervix. The baby seemed unaffected though. So I stayed on bedrest until my body healed itself. (I watched a lot of Olympics)! It took over a month to heal up - almost 2 actually. In the meantime my mom flew in for over a week and took care of me and the boys so Bob could go to work. People in the ward brought us meals, shuttled my kids around and helped clean the house so I could stay off my feet completely. All their help and the prayers of many are why Caelyn is here today.
When we found out that she was a girl, I was thrilled and Bob said "congratulations" in the hall when we were done. I was excited! That was the high point of this pregnancy for sure! The ultrasound tech was so funny. She said, "wow, look at the size of that brain. It must be a girl!" Hahaha! It was cute and funny. Sure enough, it was! I told her to check again, just to make sure because our track record for making girls wasn't all that great. Yep! Definitely a girl! I had more ultrasounds after that and she confirmed it each time so PINK was in!
When I was finally able to do things again, it seemed like I was home-free and all was well. I had about a month or so of no worries and then I found out that I had gestational diabetes! Ugh! Seriously, that was the last straw. I really didn't want to have to deal with that too. I was NOT happy, but I was a good girl and followed the diet and it worked (ok, I cheated a few times when we were on vacation, but for the most part I did really good). I kept my blood sugar low and I actually lost some of the weight I gained. In the end I gained almost exactly her birth weight. That was a definite plus of that diet. In the end we had a healthy, happy baby girl!
1 comment:
You are such an amazing woman. You have to know that some women would've stopped having children because of difficult pregnancies but you keep moving on. You know it's worth the sacrifice and I'll make sure your kids appreciate you and tell them about your horrific months of torment-pregnancy. Your baby girl better be the sweetest ever right.
Post a Comment