Friday, June 10, 2011

St. Paddy’s Day 2011

I had to laugh when we were packing for your trip.  Every boy had to make sure that they packed a green shirt for St. Patrick’s Day!  They didn’t want to get pinched!  Haha!  They REALLY celebrated this holiday this year.  Grandma Paxman had a darling little party just for them.  It was such a cute idea that I’ll probably have to continue the tradition at home every year.  They’ll expect nothing less now! LOL! 

First they started with a hunt for gold pieces that a leprechaun left all over the house!  Oh ya, they were stoked!  They ran everywhere and loved every minute of it!  The big boys were nice and helped Cason find some too.

Gr. Paxman prepared lots of green food for lunch.  Even months later, the kids are still talking about the party and the food.  At the time they didn’t seem too interested in it (vege lovers, they are not, even though we want them to be), but Cason and Cameron discovered that they like celery now (ya, that’s a big deal when they like a new food)!  There were cheese egg muffin melts with a slice of green pepper, breadsticks with green sprinkles, green grapes, broccoli, cucumber, kiwi, salad, and green salad dressing (super yummy).  The kids got to help roll out green sugar cookie dough and use cookie cutters to make shamrocks.  It was just darling and really fun!

Afterward we went to visit Gr. Grandma Burmeister at the nursing home.  Glad we took the opportunity to do that because she passed away today (6/10/2011).  I have some photos at the bottom that were probably some of the last taken of her.  I’m really glad that my kids got to see her even though it’s not as Bob and I remember her – as a spunky Grandma full of life.  I do think it’s important that kids have the chance to know where they came from.

DSC_0042DSC_0043DSC_0047DSC_0048DSC_0057DSC_0062DSC_0067DSC_0070DSC_0071DSC_0074DSC_0087DSC_0095DSC_0097DSC_0103DSC_0105DSC_0108DSC_0111

No comments: