Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ouch

Got a wake up call on Saturday when I went out for a road run. I been running on a treadmill for so long my feet immediately complained about the new pounding they were experiencing. I managed 1 1/2 miles at an untimed pace but it felt like a 10 min/mile pace. If any of you are training on a treadmill, be sure to get some road work in because it's totally different. I found it hard to maintain anything close to the pace I can maintain on a tread mill. I did do another 3 miler on the treadmill on Monday at a 8 min/mile pace and it felt a little easier so I will probably try a 7:45 min/mile pace next week. I also need to do some more road work and get my legs and breathing acclimated to the outdoor running again.

Now I hope none of you are wimping out. Remember, you guys are a lot younger and should be able to get in shape quicker than I can. I can't imagine the how embarassing it would be to lose to someone so much older with love handles and an ever expanding gut. Actually, I can imagine it, and it's going to be sweet. You're going down sukkas!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

LOL!!

I'm just the opposite. I can run outside much faster and much longer and feel way better. After about a 1/2 mile on the treadmill I'm done. It's just too boring.

Jen said...

So funny!!!

I try not to run at all.... j/k. I have been working out quite frequently lately. Ahhh, if only we had a house to put a treadmill in. :):)