Well, after 6 days of being sick, I finally started to feel better last Friday. That was a nasty long virus. Of course the kids still needed to go to school etc...and that just compounded the issue for me since I had to drive them there. I really don't like driving my kids to school when I have the flu. Not fun at all!
After mostly recovering, we went to the AZ Science Center on Friday and to the zoo today. Bob had Friday off so he went with us for the first time. The kids had lots of fun. We even found a new room that we've never been in before. Then we went to Chipotle for dinner (yummy guacamole)! And of course we ended up at our favorite store, Costco. Super exciting huh? LOL!
After mostly recovering, we went to the AZ Science Center on Friday and to the zoo today. Bob had Friday off so he went with us for the first time. The kids had lots of fun. We even found a new room that we've never been in before. Then we went to Chipotle for dinner (yummy guacamole)! And of course we ended up at our favorite store, Costco. Super exciting huh? LOL!
Channing building an awesome tower! Cameron on a chair pulley.
The zoo was hot today, but it's really the end of the "cool" temps. From here on out we will be 90s or hotter. Yuck. It was only 85 today. Cason is finally starting to really notice the animals and he yells at them and laughs. He was pretty cute yelling "monkeek" at the spider monkeys. After we had seen enough and walked enough (ouch my aching back - that wagon is heavy with 2 kids in it), they played in the water fountains to cool off. Cason refused to go near them, so I had to drag him over and hold his feet in it. Such a nut! Channing & Cameron were soaked within a matter of seconds. We always have a good time at the zoo. Thank heaven for zoo memberships (and a zoo within 15 min. of home)!
Me & Cason Channing pulling the wagon! Yay!
Cason "sitting out" of the fountains Cameron - totally soaked and shivering!Channing surrounded by fountains!
5 comments:
I'm surprised you made it out of the zoo without being stopped. I'm sure they thought you'd stolen 3 of their monkeys! ha ha The kids look so cute! Sorry you've been sick, we've had nasty colds. Not as bad as flu, thank heavens!
One of these days we'll go to the Science Center with you! Glad that the whole family got to go!
How fun! I'm so glad you are feeling better. That sure was a nasty flu going around.
You are much braver than me, the zoo is out once it hits 85 degrees.
Too funny, I had thought about going to the zoo on Monday. I'm going tomorrow instead. I'm not looking forward to the high temps either. :( Glad you are feeling better!
I'm glad you guys are doing better. Poor Jacob has a nasty little virus poor boy...too much sand in the mouth I think.
Post a Comment