Monday, April 7, 2008

Training Update

It's been a while since I've given a status of my training. My weight is down to 195 and I ran 3 miles in 21 minutes on the treadmill a couple weeks ago. Last Monday, I thought I would try the road again and ran about 3 miles before I strained my calf again. So I've been icing and heating all week and it's starting to feel fine again. Once I get over this cold, I'll start up again. I wish I knew what was causing my calf so much stress when I run on the road. My calf problems seemed to appear after I got my orthotics to treat my achilles. I think I might try the heel cups instead of the orthotics and see if that makes a difference. July is approaching quick. I've got to find a way to avoid injury so I can maintain some semblance of training. It may just come down to training on the treadmill and hoping for the best on race day. Should be a fun race regardless.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Danya, you keep trucking!! I'm so proud of you. It's so frustrating when things like that happen. I am doomed for shin splints at all times. Keep going though! Maybe just take it a little slower for a while. Golden has been training me, and he continues to throw the same thing down my throat... It's not about the distance, it's just about getting your body conditioned to run for certain amounts of time. You are amazing! 3 miles in 21 minutes?

Bob and Danya said...

Oh Heidi, you crack me up. Bob is the one training. You wouldn't catch me running in a million years.