Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yard Sale and Stake BBQ

It's been a fairly quiet week for us I think. Cameron is finishing up preschool tomorrow. Channing has about 3 weeks to go. I'm not sure what we're going to do all summer long, but I'm sure it will involve a swimming pool and many indoor activities. The high today was 97 degrees (anyone want to come and visit)? Hahaha!

On Saturday we had a combined yard sale with our good friends the Eyre's and Foutz'. We made a whopping $60 on toys (it was a slow day). The highlight of the sale was that someone stole a watch we were selling. The watch was some gosh awful thing that only someone needing serious "bling" would wear. Bob won it in one of those arcade "claw" machines at a company party. The big laugh is that someone probably thought it was valuable! The laugh will definitely be on them!!!

Saturday afternoon was our Stake BBQ. If there was ever an award to hand out for best food at a church function, this would take the cake! The carne asada was fabulous. Cooked right there on 3 gigantic grills. Equally good was the chicken, marinated for 2 days in freshly squeezed lemon juice (and probably some other ingredients that I don't know). Of course there was guac. & salsa and chips and salads etc... If you ever want a good meal, come visit us in April and we'll take you to this awesome party! We did our part by baking nearly 200 cupcakes - with the help of 3 of my piano/voice students. We had a great time together and the girls did a fabulous job decorating all the cupcakes!
Cameron finding money in pool of sawdust - Cason also trying to get in on the action.
Bob & Channing eating an awesome dinner. Danya & Cason sitting at the table (well, he's actually standing on a chair).
Cason loved the ball bouncing around on the parachute. He squealed and squealed with delight!

So that's about it for the week. Other than that I have just been teaching piano/voice and holding Stake Choir rehearsals on Sunday nights at our house. Our friend Francelle and her 5 kids came over for dinner and FHE last night, so that added some excitement to our Monday evening. It's the little things in life that make us happy!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Seems like a good time!! We are so excited to see your little family! Ya, Dev and I were looking at your pictures, and we were thinking that you looked amazing, and there was no way you could weigh that much! (No offense Bob:)) Our friend used a $2000 lens. It's about a foot long. I'm glad you liked the pics. He took about 150, so I have to do some serious downsizing!

suwit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerlyn said...

How funny that someone stole the watch. At least you got rid of some stuff at the garage sale. That always feels good to de-clutter.