Sunday, July 20, 2008

Monsoon 2008!!! That's a lot of RAIN!

Last Sunday we had a torrential downpour hit the valley of the sun. It was incredible! We logged just over 2" of rain in a few short hours here in central Phoenix! (this is a desert right)?

Water poured out of our backyard like a river. The park/basin in front of our house turned into a lake. (it's true! We saw people canoeing in it)! The kids went absolutely crazy and ran in and out of the house....completely soaked! They stood under the "waterfall" of rain water that was pouring off our roof. At first they used an umbrella and a raincoat, but they ditched them because they couldn't avoid getting wet. They filled up buckets in seconds and then dumped them on each other and themselves. They even filled water guns and ran around squirting each other. Cason laughed and played and after about 30 min. his little lips turned blue and he started to shiver! (hard to imagine in Phoenix huh)? That was ALOT of rain folks!



















The next day there was so much standing water in one of the basins by our house that the kids were able to go boating with our friends, the O'Neills. It didn't last long though. Before we knew it, Cameron was in the water up to his chest pulling the boat around. Channing & Cason joined him shortly after. (There's a few clothes that WILL NOT come clean)! Silly Kids!





5 comments:

the cakes said...

My Goodness! That's incredible and something I would've liked to have seen. Maybe our yard has the pool that the new owners were hoping for! ha ha! And to think we haven't had any rain at all - don't you fret - we'll make up for it soon enough. At least that's what I've been told!

Andrea said...

Dang! That is crazy! I bet they had a ton of fun out there playing. I loved playing in the rain when I was a kid!

Jerlyn said...

Crazy! We missed it! We were in California. Looks fun!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

this is amazing! How close to your house was this and how did I miss it! haha! I bet they had a blast how fun!!

Nikkel said...

This looks like lots of fun. Too bad we weren't around to join in.