Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Caelyn arrives on August 19, 2010

DSC_0275DSC_0284

Finally……she’s here!  Caelyn Elizabeth arrived on August 19th at 4:55pm and weighed in at 8 lbs. 8.5 oz and was 20” in length.  She has lots of dark brown hair and a darling round face with super cute cheeks!  I went into labor while driving the boys to school that morning.  I made it home in time to finish packing my bag for the hospital and left at about 10:15 because my contractions were lasting a fair amount of time and were mostly close together.  I decided that since this was my 4th baby I wasn’t going to wait around.  Chris took me to the hospital and Bob met us there since he had been at work.  Cassidy stayed at home with Cason.

When I arrived at the hospital I was having back labor and everything was sporadic.  I wasn’t sure what was happening but I knew these weren’t the fake contractions anymore!  I was dilated to a 5 and things seemed to be happening, so they kept me and we just waited it out for a little while.  When I reached a 6, they did an IV and moved me to a delivery room.  I was at a 7 for several hours probably because I got an epidural and that always slows me way down.  They gave me Pitocin to get things going again and they broke my water at about 3:30.  It got a little crazy when the epidural came out and suddenly I could feel everything.  Not fun to go from nothing to hard labor.  They quickly rushed the anesthesiologist back and he redid it just in time for me to go from a 8 to a 10 in one contraction.  They called the Dr. and he arrived about 10 min later.  I pushed through 2 contractions and she was out before I knew it!  Dark hair and all!

We named her Caelyn (because I like that name and it starts with a C – a requirement in this family) :)  Elizabeth is the middle name of her great-grandma Phyllis Elizabeth Reeves and her great-great grandmother on the Spann family side, Mary Elizabeth Barnhart.  Both wonderful women!

 

Time to go!!!

DSC_0092 

Seriously, that’s alot of bracelets! 5!!!

DSC_0097 

Finally she’s here! 4:55 pm!

DSC_0109 DSC_0099

The proud and happy daddy!

DSC_0125 DSC_0132

The sweet nurse that took care of me all day – Jen.  The boys coming to see Caelyn for the first time!

DSC_0138 DSC_0142 DSC_0146 DSC_0148

Cassidy drove the boys up to the hospital.  Jacob was spending the weekend at our house as well.

DSC_0154 DSC_0159

Ahhhh……I like this spa.  What a nice birthday present! :)

DSC_0195 DSC_0206

And then there were 6!

DSC_0236 DSC_0241

Brenda and Bro. Chrysler came to visit and brought us flowers and Caelyn’s first birthday card.

DSC_0250     DSC_0244

DSC_0266DSC_0260DSC_0289DSC_0257 DSC_0291 DSC_0292 DSC_0300 DSC_0308 DSC_0314

13 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

she's so precious! i am so excited for your family, love you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I am glad everything went well with labor. Scary about your epidural, glad they fixed it quick.
Congrats!

Edna Guerrero said...

She's absolutely adorable! Girls are so much fun... until they become teens. ha ha Congrats!!!!1

Kenna said...

Aww! What beautiful pictures! What a little princess already! Can't wait to meet her:) Congrats!!!

Brent and Katie said...

I love the hair! She definitely looks like you. Come to Utah soon so we can meet her!

Dacia said...

OH MY-She is so beautiful!!! I wish I was there holding her right now!!!. SO JEALOUS that you have a tiny baby and I don't-mine kinda grew. LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Good Job kids!

Jen said...

She is so beautiful! I just love her cheeks. What a cute family you have. I am glad everything went well and you both are doing well. Congrats, we love you guys.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Congratulations Danya! She is GORGEOUS!!!

Andrea said...

Great report and pictures! Those big brothers, and especially daddy, look very protective! Sweet, sweet baby! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

Yeah! Everyone is having their babies--soon it will be me! (8 weeks to go!) Congrats! How fun to finally get a girl! She's beautiful!

Kimberly and Adam said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great family you have!! Love to you!

Gina said...

Isn't that your shortest labor ever? It's fun to see big brothers with their little sister. She'll be able to take care of herself for sure, and they'll take of her too.

Karl and Chantae said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. Glad to hear everything went okay. Cant wait to meet her.