Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wild and Crazy as Always!

Wow! It has been a busy week! I took Cason to JCPenney to get his 2 year pictures taken (just a few months late! He turned 2 in July....oops)! They turned out super cute, despite his catching Cameron's mystery fever from last week.

Wed. & Thursday I spent getting ready for the wildest weekend on record! I picked up cans, boxes and food at the cannery for our dry pack party on Saturday. And I went to Costco to buy food for our Friday cook-a-thon. Bob also went to Costco on Thursday night and bought 800 lbs of bulk food that people ordered to can.

Friday was a super fun, but super long day! Kimberly, Brenda and our friend, Helena, and I all cooked and froze meals for the entire day! It wa sa 15 hour marathon of making meals and juggling kids. It was fine until about 5 or 6 we decided, but then it was all downhill from there. We were exhausted. The kids were beat and had had enough! When Bob come home and Aaron came over after work, we put them to work in the kitchen just so we could finish. It was CRAZY! Perhaps we got a little too ambitious. At the same time....I don't have to really cook for at least a month. So it was hard....but worth it in the end (try telling that to my aching feet though)!



















During our amazing cook-a-thon, we had an unfortunate event happen. Bob's car and Helena's car were broken into in front of our house. We know it happened between 6:30-9:30. Bob's cell phone and FM transmitter were stolen and Helena's radio faceplate was stolen along with a planner and some change. It was NOT a good way to end the day!

Now, it didn't turn out all bad. Today we got a call from the police dept. and they had recovered the cell phone and the faceplate. They arrested a 15yr old illegal alien for the crime. Someone caught him in the act of breaking into their car today and held him at gunpoint until the police arrived. So we got some of the stuff back. (better than nothing)!

On Saturday we held a Ward Dry Pack Canning Party at our house. It was a huge success! We had lots of people come to can and some to just help out. It was fabulous! We canned over 360 cans of flour, rice, sugar, dry milk, beans, corn, soybeans, cereal and oatmeal. It was so much fun! We'll have to do it again in 6 months and involove even more people.

After our canning event, we watched the BYU game and witnessed a slaughter as BYU handily took out UCLA 59-0. It was awesome! :) Then we attended the Mexican Celebration at the church and enjoyed a fantastic meal! (that ward sure does know how to cook some amazing Mexican food)!

6 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

How great that they cought that $#%&! It's good that Bob got some stuff back - but none the less... super annoying! My car was broken into at the stake center and my stereo and camera were stollen. I was more upset about the camera because I had pictres of my grandma right before she passed away! GRRR!!!!

the cakes said...

You girls are nuts! But of course I am super jealous! I finally have a place to store food supply and my ward is not as involved and motivated.

Oh how I miss the gatherings at the Paxman's!

Andrea said...

You are a serious over-achiever. If there is some natural disaster, I hope to make it to AZ to mooch off you.

Kenna said...

That's awesome! I am totally jealous that I wasn't there. Our ward is a nice ward & all but there's no ward like South Mountain Ward. We miss you guys.

Jerlyn said...

You are crazy! That doesn't even look like I would want to be involved. I guess that isn't my idea of fun... I'm buying pre-done food storage. Good for you! You will be blessed for getting it done.

.............................. said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend and got a lot done! I was exhausted just reading everything you did :) We got to watch the BYU game over here, it was so fun to see them play!