We had a nice quiet Christmas this year (well, as quiet as Christmas can be with 3 excited little boys)! We stayed home in Phoenix this year to celebrate. Channing and Cameron swore they were going to wait up for Santa this year. They were out by 9:30pm. Better luck next year boys! We were mean this year and made the kids wait until 8am to go downstairs to open presents. (hey, we're tired....we need our sleep)! They didn't wake up until 7:30 anyway, so it didn't really matter too much. Channing was sick with the flu on Christmas Eve, so he needed his sleep too.
The boys were very excited with their presents from everyone. All of us were surprised by the bikes that Santa brought the boys (I was really shocked)!!! Bob helped them ride around the neighborhood. Maybe one day he'll be able to let go of the bike while they ride! LOL! After Chan and Cam rode their bikes Cason said, "Where's my bike?" oops.....ummmm....there's one in the backyard (like 6 years old, but hey, it still functions). So we got it and then he wanted Bob to push him on it like he did for the other boys - hahaha.... It rained on Christmas, so the bike riding was short lived and all other outdoor activities were suspended.
We then played games and had a simple ham dinner. I spent the rest of the day packing to go to Utah. We left on the 26th to drive to St. George. The drive (usually 6-7 hours) took about 11. We got stuck at Hoover Dam for 3 hours. It was a nightmare. 5 miles took 3 hours! No construction or accidents, just people driving super (ridiculously slow) over the dam. We were NOT amused! We got into St. George at 10pm. We spent Sat. with Nate and Andrea and Skylar and Trevor. The girls (and Lorraine) went shopping for a few hours and the boys (and Kevin) golfed. It was a blast!
We drove to Orem on Sunday and stayed at the Paxmans. We spent our vacation seeing family and friends, shopping, eating out (Brick Oven and Outback - can't go wrong with those!), having a really, really late New Year's party at my parents (I don't remember the last time I saw 2:30am on a clock - boy was I tired!), sledding up Spanish Fork Canyon at Matt's parents house in Covered Bridge, watching the boys make snow angels and playing in the snow, watching football games, watching it snow, and playing games. It was a usual crazy vacation that we needed a vacation to recover from! :) We loved every minute!
New Year's Eve was alot of fun because we set the clocks ahead 2 hours and told the kids it was midnight at 10pm! (Hey! It was midnight in New York)! We even watched the ball drop in Times Square (Live of course). The kids totally bought it and were running around screaming and throwing poppers outside. We shot up the living room with silly string (I don't recommend that again...that was a mess)! The kids were all in bed by 10:30! It was fantastic! Then the adults played games. I highly recommend this method of celebration!
4 comments:
I think we drove past you that night as you waited for that dam traffic! We were coming back from Utah and had no problem, but were amazed at the miles of barely moving cars coming the other direction. We were very grateful it wasn't us! Sorry it was you!
We rang in the New Year with NYC, too. I thought I was the only one with that brilliant idea. Only most of the grown-ups in our group were asleep by 10:30, too. Not just the kids.
Looks like you had a ball! So fun! We made it until 1:30pm at Jake's, even Hayden. It was fun!
Love the Brick Oven!! I'm glad you had a great time despite the traffic!
It was nice having you in town. I wish we saw you guys more often. Thanks for coming to St. George--I hope it was worth the traffic!
Post a Comment