This is probably the easiest way to inform everyone that I'm still alive. I had surgery on Friday. Anyone that tells you that laparascopic gallbladder surgery is easy, is lying. Flat-out. Either that or I'm a huge wimp. (also entirely possible).
Apparently the anesthesia didn't agree with me along with the hugely high dose of morphine that they gave me. My body found a way to get out as much as possible - via, the parking lot at the surgicenter, the bedpan in the car and the porcelain god/toilet in my bathroom. Really, not an enjoyable experience. The only thing I can say about Friday is that, that is the most sleep I've ever gotten in a 24hr. period. Thank you percoset and morphine!
Saturday wasn't much better. Less barfing, more alertness = still not fun.
Sunday = still felt like I'd been run over by a mack truck.
The result....... I now look like I'm 5 months pregnant (which wouldn't be bad except it's just all my swollen abs that were pumped up with CO2). I have now discovered muscles in my stomach that I never knew existed. Turning over in bed and getting from a sitting/laying or standing position is a big joke. (although it's getting a little better). My victory yesterday was being able to sleep on my right side (because laying on my back with a bulging disk all night is really NOT my favorite thing to do). Showering is a good thing, but it's a good idea to not pass out in the shower (almost did it - watch out)!
Too bad my sister, Neeke had to go home today. She was so great at entertaining the kiddos so I could sleep! She had a lousy birthday on Friday (sorry girl - at least we celebrated on Thursday)! :)
Ok, I'm done whining...... I'm sure I'll feel better in a few more days.
P.S. If you come to visit, please realize that my 3 little hurricanes/boys have struck and the house is in destruction mode. Apparently they found out that mom can't do anything about the mess they create. (fun, huh)? Ok, I'm going back to bed now!
6 comments:
I am sorry you had to go through all that! I hope you feel better soon!
That doesn't sound fun at all! I wish I could have come to take care of you and those cute boys! Get well soon!
Danya! Whatever did you do to your gallbladder? Hope you're feeling better and hope your little guy doesn't aslo need surgery. You'll have to turn your house into a convalescent home.
Sorry!!! I hear ya on the whole anesthesia and morphine combo. It does the same thing to me. I feel for you. I am glad that it is all over though:):) I am glad everything went well and I hope you feel better soon!!
I am so sorry! No fun! I had that gallbladder surgery and it was NOT fun! Hang in there. I am sorry that you feel so terrible!
Wow! That sounds horrible. Sorry you had so much trouble Danya.
Post a Comment