Thursday, December 17, 2009

Channing’s Baptism – November 28, 2009

Channing’s baptism took place 2 days after Thanksgiving.  We were lucky to have lots of family and friends in town who joined us for the occasion!  He was baptized at the Stake Center by Bob.  This was Bob’s first baptism (other than in the temple), so it was very awesome!  Channing’s Grandma Paxman gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and Jonah and Jonathan sang the Baptism song.  Matt even got to play some piano as we were waiting to go into the primary room to use the font.  It was a bit chaotic since there were 5 others being baptized this day as well, but we made it through just fine (other than Cason throwing up in the trash can during the talks…..WAY too many fruit leathers kid…WAY TOO MANY)!  Bob confirmed Channing a member of the church and blessed him with the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was a great blessing!

After the baptism, 60 of our friends and family joined us at our house for a pizza/BYU vs. Utah gathering that included 19 pizzas and lots of yummy food.  Pretty ironic that the yearly holy war happened on the same day as the baptism with die-hard BYU fans having to delay watching the game.  We chose the right though and went to the baptism and then BYU chose to show up and pull out a win! :)  It was very exciting!

So, it was a fun day filled with lots of excitement and wonder.  I can hardly believe that Channing is 8 years old and has been baptized!  I can remember when he could barely roll or crawl or walk.  He was such a cute little chubby baby.  Now he’s growing up way too fast!

(yes, I know there a ton of pictures, but you have to realize that I like it this way when I slurp all of this into a book)!

 

PICT0266    PICT0305 DSC_0497 DSC_0500 DSC_0513 DSC_0649DSC_0539PICT0275DSC_0518DSC_0517  DSC_0528PICT0271DSC_0525 DSC_0532DSC_0526 PICT0268  DSC_0536  DSC_0542 DSC_0516DSC_0562 DSC_0601 DSC_0521DSC_0603 DSC_0613 DSC_0632 DSC_0636 DSC_0641 DSC_0644

1 comment:

The Weeden Family said...

He is getting so big! I'm so happy for you guys! What a wonderful experience. :-)