Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nearing black belt

Yet another successful rank promotion for the boys and I.  Channing now holds his red belt and is only 2 away from black.  He’s very excited and has been working hard to reach his goal.  Cameron is now a blue belt and is in the same class as Channing.  I’m a green belt and am on my own in the kids class.  (At least there’s another kid in that class that’s as tall as I am).  This time around was really difficult.  We all learned the hardest form in our set and had less time than ever to do it with our vacation to South Carolina taking away some much needed practice time.  Still, we were all able to pull it together in the end.  Even Cameron knew his form completely which is really saying something for that little guy because it was HARD (and I know because I was doing the same form and I really struggled)!  I sparred for the first time (no contact because I lacked gear) but it was pretty fun and I don’t think I did too bad.  So yay! We did it!

PICT0001 (2)   PICT0008 (2) PICT0004 (2)PICT0020 (2) PICT0022 (2) PICT0033 (2)PICT0023 (2) PICT0002 (2)PICT0026 (2) PICT0029 (2) PICT0030 (2) PICT0032 (2)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I am so impressed! I think it is awesome that you have gotten involved too, rather than just watching the boys from the sideline. CONGRATS!