Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A LOUSY few weeks!

Well, I haven't written anything lately because I've been "trying" to take it easy since I hurt my lower back 2 Sundays ago. An important thing for all moms to note........never pick up a 25 pound kid and hold him out in front of you as you walk. You'll blow out your back! Why do I have to learn these things the hard way???

In all fairness, Cason was throwing up as I was walking him from his room to the bathtub. So it wasn't like I really wanted him close to my body at that particular moment (which happened to be 2am). Some fun huh?

Anyhow, the damage has been done and it is a doctor's best opinion that I only strained it very badly and did not blow out a disk. (let's hope the doc is right)! In the meantime, I cannot (or should not) lift over 5 pounds and I have to be super careful about every move that I make. It's a major pain!

To top off all the fun, Bob got the flu (or something exactly like the flu) on Monday and he was down for a few days. I adhere to the old saying...."when it rains, it pours!"

So, if I lay low for a while, you'll know why.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

ugh! I'm so sorry! I herniated a disk(sp?) in my back a few years ago, and it was miserable. A few sessions at physical therapy really helped me learn some good stretches to alleviate the pain. So did Cason have the flu too? I wish I was there to help you! Devin and I agree that every year has a "2 months of crapiness" , so never fear, it will be over in a few weeks!

the cakes said...

I was wondering what the doctor verdict was. You should still go to Hirschi - he'll be able to help you, too!
I laughed out loud at your "eye of the whirlwind comment."
Good luck keeping those crazies happy and busy...

Jen said...

I am so sorry!!! That does not sound very good at all!! I hope that all is well now:):) LOL can't wait to see you guys.

Jerlyn said...

No fun! Hang in there! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Kenna said...

Thanks for your kind words as always and for always being the wonderful friend that you are. Yes, I am as sick as I was with the first two or maybe it just seems like it because Jared isn't here and that I have two little ones to chase around. Plus a job..yicks!

Kenna said...

I am so sorry you hurt your back. I hope you feel better soon! And take it easy lady!

Nikkel said...

Sad, please let us know if we can do anything to help.