Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Spring Break Fun!

Yesterday we picked up Channing's friend, Hayden, who moved to Queen Creek a few years ago. We had a great time at the AZ Science Center. The place was a total zoo due to Spring Break, but the kids still had a blast. They had a dinosaur exhibit which I figured was just going to be fossils and stuff, but there were anamatronic dinosaurs, so they were moving. It was cool and a little creepy! We got to the back of the room and there were 4 raptors "eating" another dinosaur. The kids kept asking why they were eating their mother.....ummmmm....well for one thing, it's not their mother, it's a totally different species, and another thing kids....oh ya....this is NOT real! LOL! I think they were a little confused for a while. They figured it out when they were able to control a dinosaur (just the inside metal workings). Silly kids! They also had fun digging for dinosaur bones - well really it was just dusting for dinosaur bones with paint brushes, but they still liked it.

Here's a pic of the boys trying to build something out of sticks. I tried and it was pretty hard because the sticks were not perfectly square on the edges. Channing did pretty good with his (much better than I did). He was copying a science center worker in his creation. He managed to make his 11 stories tall before it collapsed. Channing was pretty impressed (and so was I for that matter. I didn't get even as far as Channing)!

Today we had a picnic at the park before we took Hayden home. The kids had a great time playing tag around the playground and going down the slides. It was hilarious when I put Cason on a swing. Somehow I thought he'd like it but you can see by the look of his screaming face that he was less than impressed! He recovered though and I took him on some regular swings in my arms and he giggled and laughed. So I guess as long as mom is holding him, it's fine to swing back and forth (although it makes me totally sick)! Cameron was his usual self as you can see....a little monkey climbing on everything. Everyone had fun and I know the boys will miss Hayden. They just don't get to play enough, but they sure have fun when they are together!

5 comments:

the cakes said...

You always do such fun things with your boys! What a good mom - I really should follow suit....hmmm, maybe in a few more years!

Glad you had a good time with Hayden.

Jerlyn said...

Danya, thanks so much for taking Hayden. He had so much fun and keeps talking about all the fun things he got to do. He loved playing with Channing. Thanks so much for always being so wonderful to Hayden.

We will come pick up Channing soon.

Jerlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

You are such a great mom!!! You are always taking your kids to do something fun. I want your energy.

Dacia said...

How funny Cason is in that picture! Cracks me up. He is getting so big. We miss you guys. Wish you lived here all the time so the boys could play. Someday when you are totally rich you can get a summer home in UTAH! and we will get you some of the time. LUVS. ~Dacia