Well, you'd think that after surgery we'd be able to catch a break, but noooooooooooooooo........ Bob came down with the flu and since he's such a giving person, he thought he'd give it to me. Nice huh? BARF!!!!!! Well, he recovered in about 3 days, but it took me about 6. Apparently my immune system was shot still from surgery. This was a NASTY flu. It had everything that a horrible flu could have. Aches, chills, other unmentionable things that make you spend a significant amount of time in the bathroom. It was NOT enjoyable. I've had the flu before, but not like this. It was death!
So now I can finally say that everyone seems "mostly" healthy (at least for the moment). There are lingering colds and stuff, but we can deal with that! I've cancelled many piano lessons over the past few weeks and I've just hibernated for a while (trying not to share the fun with others)! So hopefully this week our life can get back to being it's crazy, normal self!
Yesterday I judged a highschool regional sight-singing competition. I heard some really great singers and some well...........kids that need to practice a lot more! It was fun though. It always amazes me how hard something like this can be for kids. They come in just shaking. It's all they can do to get through it. The prepared ones struggle, but they get through it just fine. It's always an interesting day (and a LONG day)!
5 comments:
You guys deserve a break! I'm glad you're on the mend and hope it stays that way!
It was soooo good to see you alive and well at Yozelyn's party. I pray your challenges with health issues in your family are over! Let me know if you deserve to have my girls come over to assist you. I'm sure they'd love to entertain your boys if you want to get some things caught up.
Stay well!
Glad you're still counted among the living!
About "Dob". It's a real name. It's an English version of Robert. Who knew?!!! Funny that it was your nickname.
I've been thinking and praying for all those young 'uns that had to perform for Solo/Ensmble/Regionals.
Several of my students played. I'll find out this week how they did. Bitin' my nails!!!!
Glad to hear you're better... believe me.. I know how much it sucks to be sick. I had to leave Yozelyn's party because I had a fever. Nothing like being sick for one month! BLAH... I remember back EONS ago when I did Solo & Ensmble while I was in HS. It was the neatest and most fun and nerve wracking experience.
Dang girl, I am so sorry!!!! I hope you have a long break from any form of illness!!!
Post a Comment