Isn't it amazing that our Heavenly Father ordained the family unit to be central to our eternal destiny. Our eternal destiny is based on the interactions and relationships we form within our family unit. I think the Lord purposefully made the family unit an ever evolving organism so that we never really have a chance to figure everything out. There are always more situations and more experiences that either bring us closer together or pull us apart. Funny thing is, it's always our choice. The way we decide to react when we are hurt or offended is always our choice. The trouble often lies in the communication and there has to be good communication or else feelings fester and assumptions breed contempt. I think there are good ways to communicate when we are hurt or offended and there are not so good ways. I unfortunately used a not so good way with some of my family for which I am truly sorry. I want all my family, whether Paxman or Spann to know that I love and admire you all and pledge to communicate better, be slow to anger and quick to forgive because eternity wouldn't be worth it if we're not all there together.
Love Bob
1 comment:
Very poignant, and appropriate for so many situations in our lives! Thank you Bob!
Post a Comment