Friday, May 9, 2008

Karate Lessons

Well, I can't say that everyone is well. Cason seems to be getting in some molars (or maybe it's an ear infection). Either way he's got a runny nose and it runs like a faucet. He's getting sick of me wiping it! Cameron still has a yucky cough but it seems to come and go. He's had it for at least a month. Not sure what's up with that.

Anyway, despite the sickness, we've embarked on a new adventure. Bob signed the boys up for 7 months of karate lessons. I'm not sure how this all happened. We had a gift certificate for 1 free month and somehow it exploded to a 7 month commitment. What's more, I'm not sure how we suddenly seem to think we have all this extra time, but of course the boys love it. The best part is that they get to be active and it's not from jumping over the couch or jumping on the bed. Sure beats sitting in front of the tv or computer like they often want to do. The place we signed up at lets the whole family come for the price of 2, so we all have karate uniforms just in case we want to go too. They have kids classes and family classes as well as kick boxing (for an hour....seriously, I think I'd last about 10 minutes in that class). At the first class, we dressed all the boys in uniform (even Cason) and everyone got a kick out of seeing the tiniest karate boy they've ever seen. It was pretty funny. Here's a pic so you can see what I mean.

4 comments:

Jerlyn said...

The boys look so cute in their karate uniforms. I am sure they will love it. Hayden sure does. I can't see you getting out there and doing karate. I know that it would be a challenge for me. What a fun thing to do as a family! Like I always say, you are an amazing mom!

Andrea said...

What cute boys! I wish I were there to squeeze them! I'd love to go to that kickboxing class...my legs and behind need it!

:: ashley :: said...

how fun! they are such cute kids- its always fun to do things like this as siblings

Chris and J'Nett said...

Awesome!!! now they can practice with Ari and Chris.