Monday, May 19, 2008

Wow! It's super HOT! Don't come visit!!!

Well, our "nice" weather is officially gone! The high today is 108 degrees. My poor garden! All my tomatoes are going to split now! Such a bummer. So if you're thinking of visiting us, I highly advise coming after October when we drop back into the 90s! LOL! Although swimming season has now officially begun!

Last Tuesday we took advantage of a day with a high of 81 and went to the zoo for one last hurrah (how can we go from 81-108 in less than a week? Good grief)! It was a gorgeous, cloudy day with lots of wind. It was great! The kids had such a fun time. The zoo added some really cool fish at a pond by the entrance. The kids were mesmerized for at least 10 minutes. They also had fun seeing Giraffes, Elephants, Racoons and petting goats (well actually Channing is still afraid of goats for some reason - I did get him to pet one eventually though). They had a great time on the carousel as well. They had even more fun because we also brought Channing's friend, Arya, from school. Of course they always look forward to getting kettle corn as we leave. (yes, I bribe my kids so we can leave the zoo without a fuss - works great)! LOL! Of course I go to the zoo FOR the kettle corn. It's so good! Here are a few pics from our fun afternoon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The zoo looks like it was a lot of fun! Don't fret too much about the heat yet, Thursday is supposed to be 75 and partly cloudy. What weird weather we have this year!!

Jerlyn said...

How fun! I can't believe summer is here already. I am not looking forward to the next several months of heat. Every summer I ask myself why in the world do we live here. Although, October thru April is gorgeous.

Jen said...

Looks like a blast!! 108?!? That is crazy. I am so excited because it is finally starting to warm up!! You are such a great mom.

Nikkel said...

We love going to the zoo too! Give us a call and we'll go with you next time, which with these temperatures may not be until fall.

Denika said...

Why don't you ever take me to the zoo?